CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bandera


I have the best boss! Last weekend, I was talking to my boss about Valentines Day plans, and I told my boss that her and her husband should go try Bandera's in Corona Del Mar. My boss took my advice and went their for a post V-day dinner on Sunday. They loved it! In fact, she loved it so much that she thanked me for the recommendation by sending Jerome and I a gift card to go their ourselves. How awesome and completely generous, yet totally unnecessary, is that??? One more reason my boss is the best!


The gift card happened to come at a perfect time! Last night, Jerome and I had dinner plans with our newlywed friends, David and Dana Fiori. We had been trying to get together for what feels like months but between their wedding, the holiday season, and a variety of other engagements, it was never possible, until last night! David and Dana live in Newport Coast, and we decided to hit up Bandera's in CDM, since we had a gift card and it is right by their place. Jerome and I love Bandera's. It is hands down, probably my favorite restaurant for a casual, yet upscale outing. Once again, everything about the meal last night was amazing, so I have taken it upon myself to blog about why it is I love this place SO MUCH!

I consider Bandera a little hidden secret. Although it is a "chain" restaurant (same owners as Houston's, Gulf Stream Cafe R&D, and a few others), their locations are very far and few between. The location in CDM is always packed. It's kind of a "cougar den", but that makes it even more entertaining for Jerome and I, whom love to people watch. Each time we go to Bandera were are impressed. The ambiance is very inviting and the service is unmatched. The menu is limited, but I have decided it is because they simply wanted to perfect every delectable item! The menu is a mix American fare, with a Spanish twist. Last night we started with their jalapeno queso dip and tortilla chips, and their skillet cornbread, which is made with jalapenos, so it has a good kick to it. For dinner, Jerome had the glazed pork tenderloin (his usual favorite). I had the Macho Salad- which, in my opinion was one of the best salads I have ever had!!! It is a mix of rotisserie chicken (they are known for the chicken), finely chopped greens, avocado, goat cheese, almonds and dates, served with a citrus vinaigrette. I was in salad heaven! David had chicken and spinach enchiladas (yum!) and Dana had the chicken caesar (one of my favorites!). If you're into cocktails, they have a great wine list (my personal drink of choice) but you have to try their greyhound. Our friend Tom Bakman turned us on to them, and they have quickly become Jerome's favorite. Bandera freshly squeezes the grapefruit juice for these drinks. Believe me, it is amazing, but then again, everything is so good! We didn't save room for dessert last night, but they have a banana cream pie that  is to die for!

If you plan on going, make a reservation. I have been to both the CDM location and the Santa Monica one, and both are always packed. Check out their website for locations and more info on the menu.

 
I hope that by reading this you will try Bandera's for yourself! You can always call Jerome and I, and we'd be happy to join you!


1 comments:

Janelle said...

i loooove their skillet corn bread! and they do have a good wine list! i wanna wine and dine with ya'll more often!