
Last night I posted that Jerome and I will be staying at the Big Sur Lodge this weekend. Upon further discussion with Jerome, he informed me that he wanted to book the lodge, but they were full, and we are actually staying at the Treebones Resort. Why is this funny, you ask? Well, besides the fact that I think Jerome was asleep when he made the rezzy...the Treebones is actually "luxury" camping, not a hotel. We are staying in a Yurt, which is a permanent tent. There are communal bathrooms, no TV or phones, a noise curfew, and all dining is a good 45 minute drive (the website actually suggests you bring a cooler of food). This is totally not what we had planned! Yes, we love to camp, and the views are supposed to be spectacular. But, I have this thing about public restrooms...and did I mention public showers? Even more shocking, this place is actually 35 minutes from Big Sur, so we are not even staying in the area we thought we were! Our plan is to bring plenty of wine, books and the Ipod doc. We actually thought of canceling and heading to Santa Barbara instead, but you have to pay ahead and they have a "no cancellation" policy. We leave Friday night after I get off work, so I will post about our experience next week. I have done some research on Yelp, and the place has gotten great reviews, although it may be boring, so I am somewhat excited for the new adventure. Knowing Jerome and I, we will have plenty of laughs and antics to share! Until then, wish us luck!
2 years ago

2 comments:
Okay, this is really funny! I hope you have a great time!
Oh my...good luck! You are much braver than I am :)
Post a Comment