
Last week we had our 23 week appointment with my OB. It started out a little hectic because my fabulous doctor, whom was also pregnant and due in December, had gone in to labor early, causing the office to have to reschedule all of her appointments on short notice. The office is usually pretty packed (it is a very in-demand OBGYN practice in Newport Beach), but this time it was a madhouse. Luckily, we were able to keep our appointment time, but we will be seeing the nurse practitioner, Angela, for the next few appointments, while Dr. Lai is out on leave.
I was a little nervous going in to this appointment because I had thought for sure that I had put on quite a few pounds since last month's weigh in. My appetite was seemingly growing, and I assumed the scale was too! Luckily, I only gained 2 more pounds! Phew! My urine was good, blood pressure perfect, and the belly measured right on track. We got to hear Averie's heartbeat, and it was in the 150's. I couldn't stop laughing while the NPR was using the Doppler because every time she put it on my belly to hear the heart, Averie would move and give it a little kick. I guess she didn't want us to bother her! Haha! I've had a little sinus congestion, thanks to this fluctuating weather and spending some time with the already sick Boroff ladies, but the NPR assured me that it was nothing to be too worried about, and said I could use Sudafed if it got any worse.
The appointment went pretty quickly, and soon we were on our way home (so I could eat!). Here are some FAQs on where we are so far:
How far along?: 23 weeks and 4 days. We've made it to the 6th month!
How big is baby?: She's estimated to be about a pound and a half and about 8 1/2 inches long. The growth spurt is coming, so she is expected to start gaining an additional 6 oz each week!
Weight gain: So far, I have gained 10 pounds. I am very pleased with this, considering I am over half way done and they say you gain the most weight at the end. Although I am definitely hungry, I have not really gotten any more of an appetite than I had pre-pregnancy.
Clothes: I finally broke down and bought two pairs of maternity jeans last weekend. Wow! I didn't know I could be this comfortable! I had been rocking the Bella Band with my regular jeans, and I still will on occasion, but the new jeans are a welcome addition to my wardrobe. Leggings are also high on the list. Just got some super cute and comfy ones at Forever 21 that don't have a waistband and were only $6! I will be living in these, I'm sure!
Showing: I am starting to pop out much more. It seemed to have happened over night! I had been to dinner with my girlfriend Dana, and was "barely" showing. A few days later we met up to do some shopping, and she couldn't get over how much I had "popped" out! It is still definitely on the smaller side, and I find myself having belly envy towards the women who have those cute round baby bumps. I want mine now! A lot of my Mom friends have been telling me
that they didn't really show with their first until the 6th month, so I'm hoping that means I will start too!
Food Cravings: Still loving cold fruit and apple juice. I have also been loving the Avocado Al Fresco sandwich from Whole Foods. I could eat it daily! I am also happy to have eaten turkey for Thanksgiving. I used to eat turkey sandwiches regularly as part of my lunch routine, but since being pregnant, I was advised to avoid deli meats due to the higher possibility of them containing the bacteria, Listeria. Luckily, I have had 3 different Thanksgiving meals and plenty of turkey to munch on! Yay!
Feeling: Fabulous! The most exciting feeling since my last post is the fact that we have been able to feel Averie move all over my belly. It is the craziest and coolest feeling ever! She seems to be most active at night before I go to sleep, and first thing in the morning. I love feeling her and can't wait till the kicks get stronger!
As for me, No major complaints here. I have been dealing with some sinus issues, but Vapo Rub, Ocean nasal spray and Mucinex have seemed to help. The notorious leg cramps have started this weekend, and I'm finding it increasingly uncomfortable to sleep comfortably. I've been waking up with achy hips, as if I'd run a marathon. Ugh! Definitely going to invest in a pregnancy pillow this week to see if that helps.
Daddy-isms: Jerome is getting so excited knowing that Averie is getting closer to being here! He has started working on her room and it awesome to see him so excited and proud of setting it up for her. The room is getting quite the overhaul from the guest bed it once housed, but I know Jerome will do a great job! We've got all of the furniture and now we are waiting on some wallpaper samples to come in the mail, so we can push forward with picking out the paint and bedding (my Mom is making it custom for us).
Jerome still loves talking to Averie and telling her how much he loves her and how excited he is to meet her. I even caught him talking to her ultra sound pictures that are hanging on the fridge, telling her how much he loves her. Last weekend we registered at Babies R Us (wow, that was overwhelming!), and Jerome was so stoked to pick out the Baby Bjorn. He is already planning his days, carrying Averie around in the BB and doing stuff all over the house.
Louis and Lola: Jerome and I have already decided that the dogs are going to love Averie, not only because she is their family, but because she will have lots of new toys for them to chew on! They are definitely in for a reality check when they find out that those "yummy" toys and stuffed animals are not for pups!

0 comments:
Post a Comment