CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Day in Beverly Hills

Last Thursday, in honor of our 4th wedding anniversary, I joined Jerome for the afternoon in Beverly Hills for a little lunch break from his work. We decided to have lunch at the totally romantic Il Cielo Restaurant in Beverly Hills (www.ilcielo.com). Jerome works only a few blocks away, and had passed this place several times. We had also seen it on The Hills (sad, I know!), and we are such the celeb gawkers that we thought this would be a fun place to try. We got there around 12:45, and were seated at a cute table for two on the outdoor patio. The place was very pretty and filled with old women, who were probably old actresses, studio exec wives, and the usual ladies who lunch. I had not been feeling too well that day, but we managed to order a Caesar salad and some pasta. The salad was delicious, as well as the foccacia bread. The past was definitely lack luster. I ordered a linguine with red sauce and eggplant and smoked mozzarella, which literally tasted like BBQ sauce. Jerome ordered a mushroom and butternut squash ravioli, which had a flavor only to be described and squishy and rubbery. Needless to say, the entrees we chose we horrible. But we vowed to come back again, even if only for the salad and bread. 

                                                 The Il Cielo Patio (we sat at the table on the left)

After our lunch, we walked next door to the Louboutin store. At first glance, you would never know the store was even there. It barely has a sign, and must only be the size of my bedroom. We browsed the store, and I have to say I was highly disappointed in the selection. Although my beautiful Black Prive shoes came from this store, the rest of the selection was very dismal! I felt that Neiman's had a much bigger selection. So, as a note to any of you out there interested, save your time and go to Neimans. Lets hope the South Coast Plaza store will not be as disappointing!

We finished our day by cruising Robertson and 3rd, then checked out the cute neighborhoods adjacent to Jerome's office. I hope to make lunch and shopping in L.A a weekly thing while I'm still off on summer vacay. So much to explore!

0 comments: