
My childhood friend, Jessica Schierenberg, passed away over the weekend. Although I have not spoken to her in ages, this time brings great sadness because her life was tragically taken too young. Since I heard the news, I have been thinking a lot about the Jess I knew, and it seems like only yesterday we were staying up all night, giggling, reading Babysitters club books, becoming teenagers and getting in to trouble. Through the tears and sadness, I smile because I can remember the moments we shared, even if they were small. Jess was my first best friend. We grew from innocent little girls, to grown beautiful women together. I will always remember the first times she came to my house. She was always so happy and energetic. It would drive my parents crazy because she never wanted to go home, and would hide in our house when she knew it was time to leave. If only I could bring her back, she could hide forever. I remember our times in Girl Scouts, trips to the mall, school dances, our first boyfriends, our first kisses, our dreams of becoming a famous singing duo, swimming, dancing, cooking, NKOTB, laughing till we cried, and the smiles and tears we shared throughout the years. We shared a love of singing, and I still hear the song, "All I Wanna Do", by Sheryl Crow, and smile as I remember Jessica and I walking down the street, singing at the top of our lungs, preparing for what we hoped someday would be our big break.
2 years ago

5 comments:
Thank you for writing that
i cant believe she died so young. its so sad. its been very nice reading everyones memories.
That pretty much expresses my sentiments as well. It was quite a shock to read it in the paper. I have many similar memories. The group from Avaxt really was quite special and this is a painful blow.
I was shocked and very sad to hear the news. I have cried for her several times because I feel that this world has lost an awesome person way too soon. I am praying for her family and friends.
WOW.... I'm 100% speechless. Jen I haven't heard from you in over 13 years... I'm so terribly sad that I did because of this. An old friend from Shivela told me about Jessica and I just can't believe it. I know this is not the time or the place, but if you know what happened, could you please e-mail me and let me know? jpidruzny@gmail.com
In the mean time I share in your sentiments about Jessica. I remember using my dad's tape recorder and filming silly mock commercials with her in my garage, going to her softball games and playing video games in her front room for hours. Her mom would get so mad at us for shooting peas out of our noses during dinner and of course all the swimming parties in her back yard. The world will hurt without her and I'm so sorry for all of you who hurt about her passing as I do... Jody Pidruzny
Post a Comment