
Castaways Park
After our walk, I dropped the pups off at home, and headed to Skin Deep Spa in HB for a day of relaxation. This little spa is my hidden secret! It's no Burke Williams, but the prices are cheap and the services are fantastic. I got a massage and then did their Zen Water Treatment. The "Zen" is by far, the highlight of any trip to Skin Deep. It is an hour long treatment, that starts you out with a scrub in a room that has water coming down on you like rain. Then you apply a mud mask to your body and sit in a steam room. After the steam, you head to another room filled with shower heads to wash off the mud. That is followed by soaking in a mineral pool, and then you finish it off by laying down in a cool down room for 10 minutes. The process is amazing, and I feel completely relaxed by the end. Best part: it's only $25 to add on when you get any other treatment! Best $25 spent ever!
Birthday Cookies from Melissa
Now that I was feeling utterly blissful, I went home and got ready for dinner with some friends. The lovely little sis styled my hair (one less thing for me to worry about :)), and presented me with these amazing cookies she got at Wonderland Bakery in Newport Beach. They are all little Chanel handbags and shoes, personalized with my name. They were soooo cute and equally tasty! Around 8 pm, we went to The Crow Bar and Kitchen in Corona Del Mar for my birthday dinner. The Crow Bar is a random little restaurant with "gourmet" English-style pub-food. We were joined by Jerome's sis Melissa and her boyfriend Mike, as well as our fabulous friends Mike, Elise, Jim, Melissa, Janelle, George, Vanessa, David, Dana, Frank and his girlfriend Estee. We had a fantastic time. I felt so honored that all of my friends could finally get together and celebrate with me. It had been wayyyyy too long since we had all been able to get together, and I only wish the night had been longer so I could spend more time with everyone.
Jerome and I at dinner
All my besties at dinner
The next day, Jerome and I continued the celebration with a little birthday weekend getaway to the Four Seasons in Westlake Village. They were having a "Double the Fun" special, which was basically a buy-one-get-one-free deal on rooms, food, and spa services. Upon arrival, there was a little birthday cake in the room for me (courtesy of the hotel) with a handwritten birthday card (it's this kind of service that keeps us coming back). We spent the next 2 days poolside, soaking up the sun and relaxing. The weather was perfect and the hotel was not crowded (besides two huge weddings taking place). It was weird being away for the 4th of July....we didn't see any fireworks (besides some we caught on TV) and rather than BBQ-ing we spent the day at the pool and then had a light dinner in the hotel bar. We are usually hosting a big backyard party for all our friends, and heading to the beach at night to see the big HB firework show. It was definitely a nice change, but I think next year we will go back to BBQ-ing with all the pals.
Jerome and I in the Four Seasons Lobby
Overall, I had a fabulous birthday, and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and fantastic friends to celebrate with. Now begins the planning for Jerome's Big 3-0 next year....watch out world...he wants it to be HUGE!

1 comments:
I loved your birthday recount! Sounds like you had a fab day! I want to go walking with you in the Back Bay one day soon so I can see the houses!!! Fun!
Post a Comment