CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Gardening 101


I have never had much of a green thumb (mine has always been more of a french-manicured, hates to get dirty kind of thumb). Lucky for me, Jerome takes great pride in gardening, and we are proud to say that we are definitely having some luck with our plants. For Jerome's birthday, my parents got him one of those "Topsy-Turvy" tomato plant kits, along with some heirloom tomato plants. We were fascinated at the idea of growing veggies from hanging plants, since our little furry scavengers (a.k.a Louis and Lola) love to dig up pretty much anything in the ground...especially something edible), so we decided to also get a jalapeno plant ( I love to make spicy food). The planing kit was extremely easy to set up. With just a little bit of soil and a plant hook in our patio cover, our tomatoes and jalapenos were off and growing. It's been about 4 weeks now, and we are pleased to say that we have ready to eat jalapenos and a huge, blossoming tomato plant (the recent heat has also added to it's growth spurt). I can't wait to make some homemade salsa!

Our Jalapeno Plant!

Our Tomato Plant!


1 comments:

Caley said...

very cool! I have been waiting to do some veggie growing myself!! You might have just inspired me :)