CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Absent Blogger


I haven't blogged in ages. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's just that I've frankly been too lazy and unmotivated to seclude myself to the office and write something. Today I'm enjoying one of the benefits of being a teacher- MLK day off. It has been a crazy (for southern California) rainy and windy day, and despite having to make an early morning trip for a cleaning at my dentist (in Murrieta), I have since returned home and vowed to spend the rest of my day off in a Juicy Couture sweatsuit, drinking coffee and lounging inside with my furry babies. It would only be perfect if Jerome were here, but like most of the world, he is at work.

Life for the Boroff's has been pretty run of the mill lately. Work has been busy for the both of us. Jerome continues to put his creativity and design skills to use at ...And Company, while I try to gather my wits in room P-1: Kindergarten. The last few months have certainly flown by. We celebrated the birth of our friend's Jim and Melissa Atkinson's baby girl, Payton Rylee, on December 18. On December 23, Jerome and I celebrated 10 years together, with a dinner at our favorite spot, Flemings in Newport Beach. We had a wonderful yet busy holiday with family, and rang in the New Year with Jerome's sister and our friends The Fiori's in Mammoth. We continue to add new plants to our yard (Jerome recently planted broccoli and cauliflower n our garden. Not to mention we even discovered a mysterious tomato and zucchini growing in our back yard, which we did NOT plant). I continue to come up with random dinner recipes which delight the stomachs of my husband and our dear friends. Jerome is even brushing up his culinary skills, and has taken over Sunday's in the kitchen (stay tuned, as we plan to start
blogging about his weekly
creations). We're headed up to Sacramento this weekend for our friend Jenneane's 30th
birthday bash, and in the meantime, eagerly counting the weeks until our NYC trip (11 to be exact). Here's a few pics to recap the holidays:


Jerome holding little miss Payton, 1 day old

Jerome and I, celebrating 10 years together

The Boroff clan on Christmas Eve

Louis, devouring his Christmas present.

Lola Bear guarding her Christmas present.
The hood rat in her was afraid it would get taken away.

Our Mammoth crew, about to head out for NYE.

Well, That's it for my recap.....until next time!
xoxo :)