CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Martinis with Mr. and Mrs. Masters

I recently reconnected with one of my oldest childhood friends, Pamela (Beck) Masters. We have known each other since we were 8 years old, and we lucky enough to get in touch through Myspace a few years back. Over summer, Jerome and I had the pleasure of working with her on some beautiful portraits. Since then, we had been meaning to get together and catch up, but through the mayhem that is life, it kept getting postponed. Finally, this past Saturday, Jerome and I met Pamela and her awesome husband Dave, for martinis and dinner at Lola's in West Hollywood. Pamela had been telling me about Lola's for months, so I couldn't wait to not only see my old friend, but throw back a few martinis in the process. We had a fabulous time sharing stories, memories, and making plans for future fun (both in terms of photography shoots and NYC (Pamela and Dave will be moving there in the next few months)). We ended up spending nearly 4 hours at Lola's, but our gracious server, Wayne, was fabulous and kept up with us the
whole time, never once trying to get us out of there! Overall, it was a perfect night. We left wishing the gap between L.A and OC was closer, but excited to plan our next night out (both here and in NYC).
Our dashing husbands

One note about Lola's....if you are a lover of martinis and delicious food, this is the place for you. They have over 50 martinis, and are credited as the original home of the apple martini. Though I had a yummy dinner and several tasty drinks throughout the night (finally Jerome was my D.D...I am usually the sober one), my absolute favorite part was the Strawberry Fields Forever martini. It was like candy in my mouth- AMAZING! I highly recommend it.

1 comments:

Janelle said...

i *thought* she looked familiar! glad you mentioned her maiden name, or else i would have been trying to place her with no avail! haha! sounds like a fun night at a great place!