CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This Isn't It: Jenneane Rocha's 30th Birthday




Our beloved Portuguese princess, Jenneane, turned the big 3-0 this past weekend, so Jerome and I jetted up to Sacramento for a fun, slightly "surprise" party. The party had "red carpet movie premiere" theme, complete with some movie posters (seen above and below), starring the one and only, Jenneane Rocha ( key art designed by Jerome, of course).

We flew up early Saturday morning into Oakland (flights were almost $100 cheaper), and rented a car with our friends George and Vanessa, who were also going to the party. From Oakland we left on our way to Sacramento. A wrong turn on the 80 took us towards San Francisco (much to my pleasure). From the Bay Bridge, we pulled off on to Yerba Buena Island and followed the windy road across to Treasure Island, which provided us some spectacular views of San Fran, the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges. I was so happy to see San Fran!!! I LOVE that place. I wish we could have gone further into the city, but I am definitely happy I got a "taste" of it.
Vanessa and I

After snapping some pics we made our way back to the 80, and went onward to Sac to meet up with our friends and set up for the Party. We set up the venue (this really cool lounge in downtown Sac), then had lunch and spent some time visiting with our friends Justine and Tim, who live in Roseville. Around 7pm, we met Jenneane for drinks at our hotel bar (We stayed at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento), and then we proceeded onward to her party. At the party, Jenneane was so surprised! She knew there was a party, but did not know anything about the theme, movie posters, V.I.P passes, video, etc. Needless to say, the party was a huge success. We spent the night dancing, enjoying cocktails, a taco bar, and catching up with good friends. An no Rocha party is complete without a dance off! Jenneane and her equally entertaining brother, Brian, did not disappoint with their completely spontaneous (yet suspiciously choreographed ;) ) performance to "Palmdale" by Afroman. It was awesome!

V.I.P passes for the party guests

Jenneane and her brother, Brian, performing for the guests

Jerome and the birthday girl

Bright and early Sunday morning, Jerome and I woke up and made our way back to Oakland for our flight home. We booked an 11am flight, thinking we would be able to get home early and still do some of our usual Sunday routine (grocery shopping, laundry, pet grooming, etc.). We arrived at the Oakland airport at 9:15am, and much to our surprise, there was absolutely no one there. We were expecting the big crowds like we see at LAX and John Wayne, however they were not there. At one point, I think there was only Jerome and I, and a handful of people in the terminal. Security took less than 1 minute (no joke!), and we proceeded to our gate. Around 10:45 (our scheduled boarding time), an announcement was made that our plane was delayed (at least an hour). So much for getting home early! Instead of getting home at noon, we didn't even take off until 12:25, which got us home around 1:30. Not ideal, but still better than driving. Despite the delay, the flight was smooth and the views of the snow capped mountains next to beautiful coastline was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

One view from our plane

I had seen all the snow pictures on TV, but seeing all of the snow covered mountain ranges from the sky was truly breath taking.

In closing, I just want to say that Jerome and I feel truly blessed to have our friend Jenneane in our lives. She is one of the most generous, altruistic and open hearted people we have ever met, and we only wish she lived closer so we could see her amazing smile, hear her contagious laugh, and challenge her to a rap/dance off everyday. To know her is to love her!! We hope that year number 30 is her best yet. We love you Neane Butt!!!

On a final note about our flight home, I was thrilled to open my email yesterday and find a $25 voucher from Jet Blue as there way of saying sorry for the delayed flight. It was totally unexpected, but definitely welcome :) Maybe we will be making that trip to San Fran after all....

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Fun! Love your dress! Cuuuute! If you think the CA mountains are pretty (which they most certainly are!)....you gotta fly over the Rockys....its amazing. Maybe that's how I will lure you to CO! haha!

Anonymous said...

I love you!! That is the sweetest thing anyone has said!! I've had a bad past month and this night turned it around...and these words make me realize how truly blessed I am to have such amazing friends!!
xoxoxo Jenneane